Friday, July 12, 2013

And Then, Suddenly, The Tank Ran Out of Gas

I was excited for the World of Tanks July 4th weekend special. In fact, all day that Sunday I was planning how to use my precious one or two-hour gaming session later that evening. It started out pretty good and I got my 5X with my Object 704 right off the bat. I turned my attention to my favorite Tier 6 tanks to take advantage of the 100% income. I was 10 games in, and 300k up when it hit me. I was tired of playing World of Tanks. There was no excitement in my play. I was playing out of habit rather than desire.

It's too be expected, I guess. I've had burnout before- the last time at around 8k battles. That was 2100 games ago so I think I'm in need of a break. I can't think of a single thing I want to do in WoT. I have favorite tanks, Tier X's, lots of gold, 6+ months of premium....and still I don't feel like logging in. I knew several weeks ago this was coming. It always happens shortly after I start to look at the Clan Recruiting section of the forum. It comes from boredom, partially (looking at the clan recruitment that is) and frustration with random PUGS. When I start to think I'd be better off in a clan, it's time to take a break ;)

Ah well, the Steam Summer sale is here, hot on the heels of the Good Ole Games Summer sale so there's an endless amount of games to keep me amused. Lately I've been playing a lot of Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers which suits my mood perfectly. Turn-based, challenging, endless variation, and multi-player which I'm off to check out now for the very first time.....

All is not lost. I'm not giving up on WoT, just taking a hiatus, or should I call it a Tankatus?

No comments:

Post a Comment