Friday, June 28, 2013

Fortuitous Friday: Bureaucracy Gone Mad

I don't much like bureaucracies and not just because I always manage to spell it wrong when I first write it. I'm a big believer in common sense, and the lack there-of seems built in to every bureaucratic charter. I remember studying them at university- how they become bloated, self-serving entities that only exist to perpetuate their own existence while forgetting what they were meant to be doing in the first place. I've worked for a few and I would agree.

So just a quick quote today from a work memo circulated which shows the bureaucracy never fails to not know what the hell it's doing:

All new eemployees are required to take this mandatory training..........Please keep in mind that approval is required to attend the course.
So much for it being mandatory I guess.

Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. A classic example! The NHS usually provides me with a good source of these stories. Unfortunately a large number of incidents actually end up negatively impacting care of patients.
    *angry*

    ReplyDelete