Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Saturday Tune: Jeffrey Foucault

I met Jeffrey Foucault in a little Pub in Lismore, Ireland, on a Saturday night in 2005. I bought him a pint for which he thanked me, but in Ireland when someone says they'll buy you a pint, they mean 'I'll buy the first pint', so if you're reading this Jeffrey, you owe me a pint damnit!

I love this guys music and I find it sad, and shocking, that in a world where Lady-Fucking-Ga-Ga can get millions of hits on You Tube, someone with basic, genuine talent can go relatively unnoticed. That's not so say he's struggling, or unknown. He's released nine albums and toured the world so he's no newb. You can check out his website here. I think he can best be described as 'folk' but give him a listen and you can decide what label you like best. I estimate that I've listened to his Ghost Repeater album at least 500 times. I've owned it for years and currently it's one of the albums my baby likes to fall asleep to so it's getting a rather heavy rotation at the moment. Enjoy, and if you like what you hear, please support the artist.


Ghost Repeater by Gankalicious






No comments:

Post a Comment