Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Quoting You! Babies vs. Gaming

From Charlie Brooker, another older first time gaming father. I know, I know, 40 isn't old but the world seems to think its a bit late to be having babies....

I used to play vertical-scrolling shoot-em-ups in which a blizzard of angry pixels swirled around the screen like a synchronised galaxy impersonating a flock of starlings, accompanied by a melodic soundtrack of pops and whistles apparently performed by an orchestra of frenzied Bop-It machines. But at least then you could press pause. Now I find it hard to cope with seeing a banner ad slowly fading from red to green while the The One Show's on in the background, which is why over the past few weeks I've ratcheted down my engagement with anything not made of wood. There's a baby to attend to, and his old man needs a lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment