Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Like Dueling Banjo's

I was happy to see one of my favorite, wayward bloggers return yesterday even if only briefly. He states in that post that his music series didn't generate a lot of interest but if not for him I'd not be doing my own Saturday Tune series. Like him I'm fairly sure it doesn't get a lot of interest but at least I get a place to bookmark some good tunes and post about something different.

What I've got today then, is a dueling banjo's scenario. It seems no matter what genre of music he posts, I am both familiar with, and like..or did like at some point. Journey's Don't Stop Believing shares two distinct memories for me.

First is from when it (Escape) was released, in 1981 when I was only 11 and just beginning to buy my own music. I was a member of the Columbia Record House music club. You remember the ones..10 albums for a penny then you have to buy one monthly for a year (at an inflated rate, of course). Escape was one of my purchases and I listened to it a lot.....

....about as much as the girl who lived under us a few years back. She played this song at least weekly and sang her little heart out each time too. I'm not sure if she knew we could hear everything (yes, everything) from the apartment below or not but I got to hear it sung dozens of times in the year we lived there. Good thing her voice was nice.

So in an effort to let Blaq know that someone does indeed care, I'm posting dueling vintage-rock videos! Enjoy!






Finally, I never really knew The Who (literally or figuratively) but I am very familiar with the Canadian band The Guess Who probably best known for their song American Woman. Yes, I see the irony.


No comments:

Post a Comment