Friday, October 21, 2011

Fortuitious Friday's: A Fond Farewell

I'm still pretty new to this whole blogging thing. I am approaching the one-year mark (in December) but still feel like a bit of a noob. I'm starting to wonder where I should be going with this, and if it's worth it anymore. Does anyone care about my progress with the new T-50 Russian light tank in World of Tanks? Is anyone curious about the state of my settlement in Wurm?

I was toying with the idea of diverting some of my energies away from game-related blogging to other projects I have wanted to do. I have, for a very long time, wanted to start a diary of sorts of my adventures abroad. I lived in so many places (over 30) in the years I was away that some of them are starting to fade from my memory. I feel like I should get them down before they are gone forever.

In the end, of course, it doesn't matter. Blogging is strangely satisfying to me and for now I shall continue even if I spend less time talking about games. Today's farewell isn't, then, for me...oh, no, you shall have to suffer through more of my endless babble for some time yet.

A few of my favorites however have decided to take a break and today's Fortuitious Friday will be a farewell (of sorts) to them.

Don't Mention Ze War has decided to take a break. I was always happy to see new posts from Blaq and enjoyed his sense of humor, writing style, and musical tastes. I wish him all the best and an open invitation to post here anytime he wants. Thanks for all the posts. I enjoyed them a lot.

Will at Very Distilled has dissapeared from the face of the blogo-earth. I can't link to him because the blog no longer exists. A real shame.

Cool Story, Sis hasn't been heard from for a couple months now. Another writer who's sense of humor I enjoyed, I even looked past the fact she returned to Warhammer Online in what could only (probably) be explained by a fit of insanity. I hope to read more from her soon.

Shadow-War's last post warned us that there would be a bit of a lull so I guess we'll just wait.....

Absent since July is Ex-Post Ninja who, as well as having good posts, had the coolest blog-layout ever.....but I am a sucker for the 'ole turntable. In an effort to keep my blogroll current (I HATE outdated blogrolls) I have, sadly, booted him. Let me know if you come back.

Will, over at We Fly Spitfires is using the flimsy excuse of "I've started a new business, and my wife wants a baby" as his reason for posting less. Hmphhhh. Like real life should take a backseat to hobbies? Oh well, he seems young, I'm sure he'll learn ;)

Games and Geekery contiunes to post, albeit a bit less, as real life intrudes...

Best wishes to everyone who is no longer posting. Life changes and that is a good thing. Enjoy whatever you are currently doing and I hope you always make time for games and fun.

And especially to Blaq, I wish you all the best. It is nice to know that there are others with a similar view on gaming, humor, and music somewhere in the world.

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. EY! THATS ME.

    I'll have a more regular posting schedule once I can fix my sleep patterns. New job, strange hours. I have to sleep twice a day for shorter periods to stay awake at work.

    ReplyDelete