Monday, September 12, 2011

Wurm, Revisited

I've been threatening for ages to post again about Wurm. With the tank-centric feel of the blog you'd be forgiven for thinking I've given up on everything else. I am still playing Wurm daily but what can I say about it that would be interesting for you to read? I mentioned previously that I subbed my alt so I could lay down another settlement which includes a huge mine. It's the only thing I felt I was missing from my settlement so I jumped at the opportunity to expand.

I love my caves.


Wurm is a lovely game and it is very cheap in comparison to others. It is a one-of-a-kind that I'm happy to support even if I'm only playing a half-hour or so per day. I log in to check my animals, re-plant my crops, and feed my dogs, and when the mood takes me, I do some terraforming. I have a definite plan (both on paper and in my head) of how I want things to look so when I have the time, or inclination, I just get to work on one of the projects on the list.

To date I have no completed the 'southern' project which includes two distinct animal pens, one for my horses, and one for my new herd of cows (milk makes cheese...mmmmm cheese). I also built a 'work house' as I felt it was important to have in my mock-Irish village (I named my settlement Lios An Oir). I saw my first real work house in the village of Lismore, Co. Waterford- well, the empty shell of one as it was not in use of course.

A real work house in Lismore, Co. Waterford

There are days I don't really feel like playing, but with animals to tend I have to log in.... or at least I feel I have to. I always hated seeing pens of 'starving' animals when I was exploring so I'm trying not to be an absentee landlord. I have no tenants, or villagers, so that's not a very good comparison, but you know what I mean. Once I get logged on and stuck in I'm happy to be back. Despite the obvious fact that farming, in reality, is bloody hard work, virtual farming is relaxing and Wurm still remains a nice place to drop in and chill out. Now that I'm not starving to death, being chased by bears, and living in a cave that is :)

I'll leave you with some before, during, and after shots of the southern portion of the deed- now complete (mostly).


In the beginning I had little land, but lots of water.





Long days working through the night until sunrise......



Being Canadian I felt it necessary to put in a row of Maple Trees. The wooden structure is the Work House.


The oven is a left-over from previous occupants. Soon to be destroyed.


The Northern project is delayed but the Olive Grove was Phase I.



Village center .

No comments:

Post a Comment