Friday, September 9, 2011

Fortuitous Friday: Pie-based Blog War

I was struggling to come up with something for my Fortuitous Friday post. I was mulling over various (hopefully) witty things to say....topics that interested me. News from the world I felt compelled to comment on.

And then I saw it.

Here. In the comments section of a wonderfully written, and funny blog post from Adam at the Noisy Rogue (now back on my blogroll of course).

Blueberry pie. Therivs has finally gone too far.

How very dare you sir! To even suggest that the mere blueberry could, in any way, surpass the pecan is tantamount to a declaration of war. A pie war.

If I had a pecan pie I most certainly would not throw it in your face, as I would be eating it, but I would easily toss that blueberry pie directly in your face to show you the error of your ways.

Blueberry indeed.

But your taste in women is spot on, I have to say, so maybe all is not lost. Mmmmmmm Mila Kunis pie....oh wait, that may have come out wrong....or not.

And in other news, it's Friday, and I've got a bottle of Laphroaig waiting at home (which would, given its peaty, smoky taste, go great with Pecan, but NOT blueberry pie), so Happy Friday Everyone!

Hmmmmm......I'm guessing that only 2 out of the following 3 will actually be attainable, but if you happen to be reading this She Who Will Be Named Later, any chance we bust out that wig and role play some That 70's Show later tonight? Nice one.


Waiting at home.



Attainable if baked.


Likely NOT attainable but we all need to have goals.

2 comments:

  1. Sir while I agree the Pecan Pie is tasty, cause it is. To say Pecan is superior to the mighty blueberry is like saying Pong is superior to Mortal Kombat. Blueberry rips the spine out of Pecan Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...uh-oh...now you've done it.

    Pong IS superior to Mortal Kombat. I played them both, at release mind you, and I rember having waaaay more fun at Pong....granted we were (literally) starved of video games back then so anything...even Pong...seemed cutting edge and cool.

    Fact. Pecans can actually crush blueberries. Blueberries are too soft, too squishy, too innefectual to do anything except marr the wonderful taste of a pecan. They are inferior.

    ReplyDelete