Saturday, September 10, 2011

Civilization V

I am a die-hard Civ fan who was massively disappointed with Civ 5. I played an early release which was riddled with bugs and just couldn't decide if I liked the new format. I wanted to give it another try, but was hesitant to spend the $50+ dollars to do so.

Then came the weekend. Direct to Drive and Steam are offering Civ 5 at a %75 discount: $12.50. I can't actually say no to it at this price and the download is about to ensue.....

For the record, Civ III holds my all-time game-athon record at 26 hours straight. I wish I was kidding.

Get in!

4 comments:

  1. Civ III with the Conquests expansion is probably my most played game of all time. I just loved how much it was a combination of simulation and strategy game. IV was a better game, but not as good of a simulation if that makes sense. I haven't played V in like half a year and I think the ship has sailed on the franchise unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do remember thinking that Civ 5 was a radical departure and a move toward the dumification of the game....... I'll give it another go and finish a game this time and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weakling!

    Not that I should talk. I own Borderlands on the Xbox. I bought the PC version when it was on sale with all four DLCs, 75% off during the Steam summer sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 75% off is hard to resist......... though the game is failing to interest me so I might have saved myself 12.50 if it wasn't for the sale...

    Sneaky Steam!

    ReplyDelete