Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Mew of the Tiger

I know what you're thinking, and you're right. It should be the Roar of the Tiger. Trust me, no one is more disappointed than me... well, likely there are a lot of people as disappointed. I previously wrote about the Tiger and why I wanted it. I'm not a big history buff but the Tiger featured in popular media/lore and I remember being taken with it as a kid during my 'war phase'. I'm assuming here that every little boy goes through a 'war phase' in which all things war are so very interesting.

All I can say is 'Meh'.
 

I really want to like the Tiger and it's not that I dislike it it's just so very underwhelming. It has good armor, good hit points (the most of any heavy in its tier) and a very accurate gun (the 88 is legendary) with good penetration. It even feels quite speedy and agile for a heavy tank (though I've driven very few). All of that and it still just doesn't play very well. I find that it is often in battles where it is the 'middle' tier tank and that frequently means you're facing the biggest tanks the game has to offer. The final frustrating straw is the fact it more often than not loses money. Even a victory doesn't yield a lot of credits.

I've been talking with some clan mates and the consensus is the same. I have been consoled that the King Tiger (the next in the German Heavy line) is a much, much better tank so I will continue to push on hopefully get a tiger that roars!

No comments:

Post a Comment