Friday, June 17, 2011

Fortuitous Friday: The Curious Case of Batman and the Moose

Of all the search terms which have guided viewers to my humble blog this one strikes me as the most bizzarre:

batman photos taken at moose game march 20, 2011

First of all: huh? What the heck are you actually looking for, and secondly: Why the heck am I a hit off this one? I punched that into Google and checked the first 10 pages of results and I'm no where on it. Ahh well, just another mystery to ponder I guess..... or so you'd think.

I wrote that in April and decided to dig it up for today's Fortuitous Friday Post

Unfortunately for you (or perhaps fortunately if you are an fan of Moose-related mysteries) I have an inquiring mind, and I want to know. Part of what I do on a daily basis to earn the money which keeps She Who Will Be Named Later in the manner to which she's become accustomed (mostly broke I'm afraid, but like I said, she's used to it now) is...well, never mind all that., it is Top Secret, after all.

Let's just say I've done some digging and (much like every murder-mystery I watch lately) have figured it out in rather short order.

The solution to this mystery, (Mit Fotos!) is as follows:

I live in a province called Saskatchewan, which is large, and rural (yes it's as grim as you think it is)



We are bordered to the east by a province called Manitoba (even more grim)


Canadian stereotypes exist for a reason.

Manitoba has a hockey team called the Moose.



On March 20, 2011 the Moose had a family day promotion in which Batman made an appearance:

The Manitoba Moose are hosting 'Family Day' at MTS Centre when the Moose take on the Texas Stars in a matinee face-off on Sunday, March 20th. Game time is 2:00 PM. In the afternoon Moose home game, fans will be treated to in-game entertainment fit for all ages. Fans will get a chance to meet Batman: The Dark Knight who will be in attendance at the game to take pictures with fans. There will also be jugglers, face painters and other entertainers spread throughout the MTS Centre concourse for young fans
So there you have it. Move over Angela Landsbury  there's a new detective in town! I suppose I'd rather be Sherlock Homes, especially the new version, whom I rather like (and can relate to).

EDIT: As Sara pointed out in her post below, I forgot to mention the actual connection to my blog. I did a post entitled The Sitting of the Moose-eslature on March 20, 2011. The dots are now connected :)

While I'm on the subject of Hockey can I just say that after the Vancouver riots on Wednesday night I am happy that Boston won. I have to admit, I didn't really follow the road to the Stanley Cup at all this year but from everything I've seen and heard (and the brief time I spent watching because when a Canadian says they haven't been following the hockey it does not mean they haven't been watching) Boston deserved it.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 2011-06-13


There, I've said it, let the deportation proceedings begin. Rioting idiots aside, what's not to like about Boston? Original 6 team, hard-hitting, come-from-behind story-tale, and oh, did I forget to mention: FULL of Canadian players. Boston had more Canadian players on their roster than Vancouver so I think we've won (as a nation) no matter what city the cup rests in. Besides with all the f***ing diving the (sorry, but it has to be said now) European players were doing you'd think they were playing a game of football. Given the massive (un) popularity of that game here in North America (yes, world, we know you love it) it should stand to reason that football tactics aren't welcomed.

So congratulations to Boston fans the players, and especially to Don Cherry who must be thrilled.



Take care of that cup boys, I want it clean and shiny when my beloved Habs finally win it again.



It's Friday and I couldn't be arsed posting a picture of some sweaty guys I don't know holding the cup. That's why.




3 comments:

  1. Ok so, I get why someone would google the Batman thing now but... why did they find you in the process? Is it simply because you live somewhere in the same hemisphere?

    I've gotten hits from "sex gird" and "what does Sauron look like". My detective skills are not as awesome as yours as I only figured out the reason for one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my weird searches were "bump into chair in the dark", "trumpet websites" and "pissing" to name a few. I never play a detective like you because there are some things that I really don't want to know. :P

    And yes! I love the new Holmes too, that Cucumber guy is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sara- thanks for that! I had forgotten the critical bit that made the story make sense...... and what does Sauron look like? That's funny- I'm presuming it's connected to the fact your name is Sara?

    Blaq- how did pissing lead to your site I wonder? Perhaps it's connected to the trumpet somehow! That Cucumber guy lol...nice one :)

    ReplyDelete