Friday, May 20, 2011

Fortuitous Friday- Home for a Rest

By the time you read this I'll be gone. Or at least in the lounge of an airport drinking my way into forgetting that the past three weeks ever existed. Can I have it back please? No. Gone. 21 days I'll never get back but at least there were no 'infected', though they would have been more intellectually stimulating than most of what I endured over the past weeks. Can I haz bitterness?

So it's all over. My 'training' is done, my country is proud (probably) and all those silly citizens (noobs, really) who benefit from my Top Secret Work are safe...or are they.....what the hell am I talking about? Who knows.

There is no place like home, dammit, Dorothy you were right (though very annoying and quite cruel, really).

So I will soon be back to regular blogging, World of Tanks, and multi-boxing Wurm as I need a mining slave.

Most importantly I will be reunited with family both furry and furless. All reports indicate the dogs need a good beating, my orchids need tending (oh my beloved orchids how I've missed thee) and as for She Who Will Be Named Later? Well, this is a family-oriented blog so no more will be said on that.





Happy Friday Everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, is this post connected with my edit on the last (missed) WMM post?

    Trying not to be vain: even if not, we have a great taste in music! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't everything, if fact, connected, in some way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evading my question!

    I always thought the band (Great Big Sea, but then also Spirit of the West) is Irish because I got that piece of music in an Irish music pack. Yeah, I went there. Sacrilegious and vain.

    But then again, I guess that doesn't affect you. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your blog post....what can I say, great big minds think alike ;)

    Not Irish, no, but east coast Canada which is notoriously Irish as large numbers of them settled there. Newfoundland people speak with a Waterford accent (with a smattering of Cork). They were pretty isolated (geographically) and held onto their Irish accents to this day.

    The Waterford City museum has a special section featuring pottery from Newfoundland showing the connection between the two countries.

    ReplyDelete