Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ultima Online: 1 Gankalicious: 0

The way I see it, we can do this one of two ways.

I can use all of my skills, all of  my influence, and all of my power, which isn’t something you should underestimate, mind you, to make Ultima Online simply disappear. Poof. Like it never existed. I see you’re smiling. You think I can’t make that happen? No? Think again, my friend, because I can. One snap of these fingers and its gone.

Still unconvinced?

Alright, well, fair play to you for calling my bluff.  Since my powers of persuasion have failed to convince you perhaps it’s time to tape up the phone book and grab a long-handled, black  flashlight. You’ll soon come around I think......what? I’m where? My blog post? Ah, crap, I thought I was a police detective in a 70's crime drama there for a minute. Bugger. Nothing says cool like beating a confession out of a skell while your partner tries unsuccessfully to hold you back. Come to think of it, in the 70's no one would be holding me back! Winner: Expedited Justice. Huzzah!

Alright then, failing that, what I can do, is use my power to erase every mention of it from my blog. Every post, every sign it ever existed in the Sandbox Challenge, gone in an instant. That I can do, and I will, if I must. Alternatively we can be mature about all this and I can step up to the plate, be a man, come clean, drop the dime, ‘fess up, and admit that Ultima Online has defeated me.

I just can’t do it. I gave it 5 hours of my life and it just felt like an enormous chore slogging through that dated, 2-d world. I really didn’t want my Sandbox Challenge to start with an incomplete but there we go. As 32ndlaw stated there is no point in torturing myself. I do wish I had tried this game ‘back in the day’. I can tell that I would have absolutely loved it, but updated graphics have spoiled me I’m afraid, so it’s time to move on!

And to that end, in case you think I am easily put off, or that I am not ‘up to the challenge’, I have downloaded and started the next game on my list: Istaria. As you can see by my Raptr profile I’m just getting started. I’m going to save my specific comments for an Istaria-only post to avoid clouding it with the failure of my time in Ultima which from now on will be known as the Game That Defeated Me.



No comments:

Post a Comment